Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Insight out of the past

Last summer I got the wild idea to claim a plot on the Playa of Burning Life. If you don't know what that is google Burning Man. Burning Life is the SL equivalent, and I won't go into details about it here. You just need to know that it was a way to deal with having too much SL time and needing a creative outlet. I had the help of two of my sisters, Shae and Sharie, without whom it would never have happened. Ru and Tot gave me tons and tons of pictures to use, and De was there almost everyday to play hostess with me. Many more deserve thanks as well.
But I digress.. The plot right next to mine was claimed by a Brit. She had a display about some silly idea involving peace through tea, of all things.. (I'm teasing Anna) I guess you need to know that my display was the only one involving BDSM and SL. (There may have been others, but no one ever found one that I heard about) And poor Anna had the fortune, or misfortune to get as her neighbor a bunch of latex clad females that were tied up half of the time. Long story shortened, Anna came to me privately and confessed an interest in BDSM, and indeed she and I explored some things together. I won't reveal any more as she is a very private person and I hope she forgives me for saying this much.
Anna and I drifted apart, as often happens in SL, for whatever reasons. But last night out of the blue (and oddly enough I had been thinking about her that day) she IM's me. We talk a bit, exchanging pleasantries the way the Brits do. I invited her to Ash's new home for a visit and to show off my darling girl as well. (She's quite the decorator btw). Anna invited us to see her island home, so we went for a visit there as well. I have to admit that even though it is very tiny, it's relaxing and pleasant.
When it was time to go I got the feeling Anna had more to say. I remember from BL that she's not the kind to talk openly unless she's comfortable with her surroundings and assured of privacy, so I sent Ash home and probed Anna a bit. Surprisingly she seemed to be more concerned about me than I would have thought. She asked how I was doing after leaving Ru, commented on how hard giving up the collar can be for everyone. She wondered how my sisters were doing, and asked how the Domme life was treating me.
Anna asked if I was putting the needs of my girls before my own. My answer flowed out of me easily, because it's the truth and the way I feel. Yes, I am, but in so doing their needs become my own. I feel.. no, I become satisfied, and joyful when they get what they need from me.

But the one thing that really surprised me.. that made me stop and really think..

She asked if my own needs weren't just as important as theirs..

1 comment:

  1. I am happy that you and Anna have reconnected. I happened to talk to her a month or so ago and she commented that she was thinking more about bdsm. I am glad she has turned to you in that. I sensed a lot in common between you two, and not in a bdsm sense.

    I can't remember if I shared the notecard Amalia passed to me concerning a forum post from over a decade ago pertaining to the goose and the golden egg. Seems as if Anna is more interested in the goose than the golden eggs. Hold onto her tightly Shi.

    ReplyDelete