Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Perils of a Creative Mind

What is second life?

A game? A glorified chat room? A new form of interaction? A commercial venture to separate you from your money?

I think it's something else. I think it's a way to express ourselves. Some more than others of course, and there is certainly a learning curve. A lot of people into SL are geeks. I don't mean that as an insult, just an observation. You need to have computer skills to deal with the myriad quirks that SL sends you. It's a technology in it's infancy, so only the tech savvy and the doggedly determined stay with it long enough to become addicted. I fall somewhere in between those two definitions.


Somehow SL sneaks up on me. I'm never prepared for it, even when I think I am. This Banishment has been like that even before I committed to it.
Tonight my Sister Kat5 came to see me. I expected a hug, maybe even a pounce. She completely blindsided me by dropping roses at my feet. I had to make myself walk away. I was in tears, warm, blubbery salty tears.

Real ones...

Thank you Kat for covering my world in roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment