Sunday, May 24, 2009

A New Day Dawns

And with it come changes. Submissive Shi is all but gone. Domme Shi is opening like a new rose. Is this a permanent change? Isn't the phrase "permanent change" an oxymoron anyhow? I didn't see this coming. Hindsight being 20/20 perhaps I should have. Playing the dominant role has gotten more and more fulfilling, while finding happiness as a sub has become elusive.

I keep looking at the above paragraph and rereading it, wondering who it may hurt, who it may shock. Idoru, to be sure will be affected by it. I don't know what this change will cause in our relationship. But then I read it again and I know that there are some that will be made happy by this change in direction.

Am I all Domme now? I hardly think so. I'll continue to test my limits and myself. Once a switch always a switch I think. A dear friend told me only today that she came to SL never expecting to be collared, yet now she is. I had to smile. Back when Shibari was younger she said almost the same thing. Those close to me will remember "never to own or be owned".

We change, it cannot be helped. We can only strive to make those changes for the better.

As a side note, I have been getting some feedback from this blog. Thank you to all who have left comments and to those that have pulled me aside to tell me your thoughts within SL. Alt especially, for your sharing of a sunset with a lonely bane caused ripples in my pond that have made me a very happy person.

1 comment:

  1. "Permanent change" an oxymoron?

    Green Geary once told me this: "only constant in sl is change" ( http://win.myblog.it/archive/2008/10/06/riassunto-delle-puntate-precedenti-incompleto.html ) and I almost agree.

    And everything changes, for better or worse, so much quicker than in RL. Relationships, jobs... lives.

    ReplyDelete