Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Alone

Time passes, I know it does, but looking through the mask of my Bane helmet forces each day to blend in with the next. The Custodian scares me. It's hollow voice is all I hear, even the voices of people that I know are translated into it's monotone.
This is insane, no one should be so alone even when people surround them. No one should be have the humiliation of "maintenance" forced upon them by a machine.
A machine.. implanted within my own brain, growing there, learning everything about me. One fear overcomes another and I sit and sob, though I can't even hear that. The Custodian instructs me, tells me to go to the maintainence station. I ignore it, why bother. Soon pain explodes in my head, so intense that my stomach turns. I'd be puking my guts out if there were anything in them. So I make my way across the park, into the complex of buildings and into the tiny shed so I can be maintained.
A week has passed. I only know this because that impersonal bitch inside my skull informs me that I have not incurred any penalties. Of course I haven't. If I stay too long near people she yells at me so I run away. I know I'm not allowed in buildings, so I sleep on the ground. I can't get penalties, I have to get out of this.

More time passes, not yet another week because the bitch hasn't said a word to me, besides making me go to the shed.
Two women walk up on me. One tall, lithe and carrying some sort of bow. The other is shorter, rather curvy and wearing slave silks. I dare to listen for awhile. The slave is curious about me. More likely about my condition. She's willing to endure banishment for her Mistress. She's insane and I want to scream at her, I want to tackle the so-called-Mistress and grind her smug face in the dirt for being so cruel. Of course I can do nothing, not even warn the girl, so I walk away. Maybe I'll see her again, in a Banesuit, but how will I recognise her?
Pet... oh my dear Pet.. She's come to find me. I hope she knows that the black figure nearby is her sister. She needs me, I can see her tears. I want so badly to comfort her, to take her in my arms and calm her the way I did so long ago. But I dare not, I know the bitch is watching me and she will punish me. Cruel bitch, how I hate you.
Movement startles me, but Pet doesn't see it. A dim shape in the bushes. Somehow he is tricking my eyes and I don't think Pet can see him at all. A Bane-basher, I know it. He's waiting for Pet to go so no one can see him perpetrate evil on another helpless bane. I move away but he follows. Desperately I point to him, hoping Pet can see him. She can't, and worse, another is waiting for me, not far away. I do the only thing I can and run. Poor Pet, she probably thinks I ran away from her... I'm so sorry sister.

1 comment:

  1. Poor S-5876, so alone, yet not alone....

    Having been through the experience of having another of her sisters get in trouble with the law and be sentenced to banishment, i'm sure that Pet understood in some degree why you had to run off dear.

    be strong S-5876, you will return to us

    *would hug you, but knows that will keep you away longer, nor would you feel it*

    love you sis
    jesse

    ReplyDelete