Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In the meantime.

Last night, ok most of the day yesterday I was reading the Eudaemon story while my Bane-self sat in the park. Every few minutes I switched back to check on things. I was on a long time, having planned my RL day around this event in SL.
Jesse had asked me to stop reading the story at a certain point back when she was a Bane. She wanted a part of the story to be a surprise for me I think. Only, I delayed doing it myself for such a long time, that I had forgotten most of it anyhow. So, after my processing I went back and read the entire thing, front to back.
It's not a story for everyone. It's erotic in places, very dark in others. When Winter is born there is this feeling of shock, then of joy as I put myself in Katrina's place, for Winter knows all about Katrina, she feels everything that Katrina feels.
When Winter tells Katrina :I love you: I broke down in tears. At the part where Winter offers to let Katrina see her skin again, then decides that Katrina would be... not exactly happier.. there's no good word for it, if she didn't, I was lost in a dream of my own for awhile. I suppose Winter decides that Katrina enjoys the feeling of being helplessly covered by the black skin, but cannot admit it even to herself. Winter however, knows. So Katrina asks "will you remove it if I ask you to?" and Winter refuses. I think my own body reacted in a fashion similar to what Katrina's would have, if only for a moment.
At the birth of Firefly I had to stop for awhile and just cry. I don't know why it made me so very happy, but the tears flowed freely for a few minutes.
I won't spoil the ending for any that might decide to read it. But what was written follows the storey well and indeed the ending is justifiable to all of the characters.

2 comments:

  1. *waves* me again dear sister bane (in more ways than one)...

    i am a little intrigued at your recap of some of Eudeamon, particularly the mention of Firefly. I think i need to go back and read it again (for the umpteenth time, mind you) and find exactly what it is you are referring to now. It sounds, without any basis mind you, that EvilDolly may have re-edited the ending of the story somewhat...talk soon dear S-5876

    (former) J-1006

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...back so soon i am (hehe)

    Ahhh, now i know when you are referring to Sis, and yes, i had the same reaction...it is the beginning to a wonderous end.

    Love You S-5876

    (former)J-1006

    ReplyDelete