Thursday, October 1, 2009

The way you do...

I keep listening to the same CD over and over. I'm sure I'm not the only one that can find a meaning in a song. Something the songwriter says that just clicks into place and you say, wow, how did she know that it feels like that for me too. But this entire CD is haunting me. Especially a couple of songs. I'm talking about Devil Doll, or Colleen Duffy. The CD is The Return of Eve.

Nearly every word of her song The Way You Do I can apply to my relationship with Lee. The way she watches my eyes all through a scene, or even when we eat dinner together, Colleen seems to know about it. How Lee is on my mind all the time, again Colleen has been there. I don't need to mention how my body reacts with just the thought of Lee because she says it in the song. Let's get dressed up and make a mess? Anyone who knows me knows I have a fetish for latex. The lyric that begins with "my legs are crossed", well, I'm not getting into that too deeply.

Another song, this one titled Sweet Lorraine makes me cry. I can't figure out how my sister's life got into those song lyrics, but there it is.

Tortured is another one that sometimes brings tears. I think of someone I miss deeply in SL. I know it's not "real" but I still love her and miss her always.

With the decision yet to make with Lee, I keep hearing Lord's Prayer in my head. I'm not sure that is a good omen.

No, I still haven't decided whether or not I'll be a lost soul, or if I'll belong to someone else.

1 comment:

  1. Shi, dear....your thoughts on how songs sometimes seem written just for and about ourselves, rings true with me :) And after reading this blog, i couldn't help but hunt down the album you talk about and listen to it....the one song you mention that i'm fairly sure who you're talking about, Tortured, gave me shivers.

    And as for 'The Way You Do' & 'Lords Prayer', especially 'Lords Prayer' i feel you are spot on...definitely could be an omen :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete