Monday, May 18, 2009

Everything that has a beginning...

At the suggestion of my two most loyal friends I have begun a blog. Since I have decided to go through with Marine Kelly's Bane Program they think it would be wise if I were to document the experience. The thought had occurred to be before as a large part of my decision was made from reading my sister Jesse's blog on the very subject.

But I'm not going to start right off with the Banishment, which began earlier today. Rather, a bit about myself, just in case someone is curious.

Shibari Hobble. I chose my name for a reason. In RL I must hide who I am, at least in part. I'm sure it's true for most of us involved in BDSM at least in some way. With Shibari, there's no hiding what my interests are. If you know what the word means, you're likely to click my profile where you're going to find out that " The first thing you should know is that I'm a basically well adjusted-somewhat "normal" person with some strange interests."
Yes, I'm into fetish clothing, I like to tie and be tied up, I'm a bit of a sadomasochist and I really, really enjoy domination. There, all out in the open, right from the start. No dancing around it, no denial.

I was brought into SL by an online friend with a mutual interest in chastity belts. She and I never did much together on SL, but I am grateful to her for introducing me to it and helping me get a start. Along the way I have met some wonderful people. Some I cherish and have managed to keep close, some left right away, and some have simply faded. It's one of those things about Sl that you just have to deal with somehow, or else you'll quickly tire of it.

Early in my Second Life I met Shae Thatcher. Undoubtedly one of the single best people in either RL or SL. Together with her partner Angie they have held my hand and made things ok, when they really didn't seem like they were.
My SL would have ceased long ago without my dear Sister Tot Corrigible. She possesses a heart of purest gold and it shines through in her devilish but oh-so-sweet nature. Wise beyond my comprehension she is an old soul that enriches any life it touches.
Idoru Ryba... what can I say about my Mistress? She's the One. It's cliche' but it happens to be true in her case. My Mistress, my Love, my Friend. How she pulls off all three at the same time I don't understand, but I strive to in hopes of becoming a better person myself.

This is the beginning of my blog, and as such I don't intend it as a list of the myriads of people that I have grown so fond of. I hope you know who you all are, and how much you mean to me.

Some of the experience that have shaped Shi into the creature she is now deserve at least a brief mention here. Not necessarily in any order, here are a few:
  • Discovery of Stonehaven and Realrestraints. I must admit that I am proud to have known SH in it's old location, even if only briefly. Dirk's playground is where I cut my teeth in SL. About the same time I stumbled upon RR and things went wild from there.
  • Yasmin Heartsdale. Still and always loved by me, this kind hearted wicked Huntress of SH taught me so much about SL and indeed, about relationships.
  • Pandora's Box Prison. Though I eventually "outgrew" the place I will always enjoy all the people I interacted with there, both as a prisoner and for a far longer time as a guard.
  • Rayn Halpint. The annoying little minx turned dear sweet friend. Now a ghost in SL, I still value her above so many.
  • Eni. My dear sweet Eni that time itself steals away from me. How cruel timezones can be.
  • Faye, my lover. I can't list here all the things Faye has made me feel. To try would make my heart swell with joy and break with pain.
  • Lochme and Sunset Beach Retreat, where I live. Thank you Sharie, it means more than you know.

Enough for now of my reminiscences. All things must begin somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. My sweet sister.. you make me blush, and cry, and feel proud to be your sister.. all at the same time. I know that you will do wonderfully at this challenge that you have set for yourself, and I did promise to *try* not to rack up too many penalties for you... *sighs* Hurry home, Sis. I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Shi, thank you for letting us share this experience with you in some part. Knowing you as i do, i think it will also help you through this time...i know it did me :)

    Love You Sis.....don't stay away too long *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep a candle lit for you...

    ReplyDelete